Saturday 9 February 2013

dominick collage






 In this piece of work I was trying to achieve a response to David's Hockney's style of work of he produced of his mothers face. I also wanted to achieve a better understanding of using photoshop and also and better understanding of how to position my images to create a piece of work in the style of an artist that I have looked at being my inspiration. The aspect  of his style that I was trying to copy was the part of his mothers face and how he re sized some of the images and where he positioned them to get and effect of the two sides of the face.  I have produced this image by changing some the size of some of the images and also changing the position of some of them to produce a image like this. This relates to the theme of love as it shows someone I love.

I have learnt that using photoshop can be quiet tricky but once you get an understanding of using it you can produce some good work. I also learnt that by just having 25  images you can do a lot with the photos to create an interesting image. Another thing that I have learnt is the way that you can position you images can grabs the viewers attentions as one side of the image might be different to the other.

It has helped me to understand how important formation is when creating an image in the style of another artists work. I have also learnt that that trying to do work in another persons style could be difficult but once you get the hang of it you start to gain an understanding of what they produce and when you produce something in the same style how it looks.

I think that my photography in the style of David Hockney's work was successful as it looks like the style he has used to create the photographs of his Mothers face. I also think I was successful because I took my time and concentrated on creating and building on my photo even though at times I came to some barriers that make me want to give up.


No comments:

Post a Comment