Saturday 16 February 2013

Anne Geddes

Anne Geddes was an Australian born phoographer. She lives and works in newzealand.
She is known for her sylized depictions of babies and motherhood. Her images show babies and oung children dressed as airies and fairytale characters,flowers,or small animals. She descibes herself as a 'baby feak'.

Her motives and influences are that she had always been intrested in babies in general.
She believes that'emotional content is an image most important element'.

She says that colour distracts the image and that black and white shows the natural beauty of it. She chooses to use black and white photography to create and get more detailed images.

I have chosen her as I am useing the theme of love and I am showing this through using my nephew. As he is a baby I though that her work would relate to my idea as she caputes babies In different ways and this could help me to gather ideas to use for my final design. The thing that inspires me is that she creates intresting images of young children or babies. She also inspires me as I luike some of her work and I think I may use an idea that she has photographed to create my final design.

No comments:

Post a Comment