Tuesday 11 June 2013

Final Image Construction- Karter Loves Flying



I chose to use one of the images of Karter where he seems to have his eyes closed, so that it is like he is dreaming. I have cut out the image of him on the bean-bag and enlarged this slightly, taking some of the background from the shot and enlarging this to cover the back of the photo. I think this is an effective way to frame the shot and makes it seem quite natural.




One of the key things that I wanted to do was to create the soft-focus effect that Anne Geddes has used, and to do this I copied the layer of Karter on the bean-bag, added a Gaussian blur to it and then lowered the opacity of the top layer, so that you can see through it. This creates the soft focus effect and I think it works really well here to make the picture warmer, cuter and with a sense of love. 


To give the picture a sense of fun, and to make it seem more obvious that Karter was dreaming, I added in a  white, thought-bubble shape, that I then filled with another of the photos that i took of Karter. This photo was changed by adding puppet warping it, meanign that I could move his arm & legs without changing his body, and then making it seem like he was flying, rather than crawling. I also added a cape, that I obtained from another found image, to make it seem like he was thinking about being a superhero. 


No comments:

Post a Comment