Tuesday 11 June 2013

Final Image Construction 2- Karter's Blanket



This was the second image that I chose to turn into my 2nd final piece, I chose this for his innocent and happy face and the way that he was framed in the shot, being central and taking up a good amount of space. I also liked the way the blanket fell in this shot. 


The first thing that I did was to create the soft focus effect again, in-keeping with what I had done before, by adding another layer, adding gaussian blur and reducing the opacity so that you can see through this layer. 




I though tthat the colours in the photo were a bit dull, so I added a vibrancy adjuster and played with this, until the colours had more life about them and gave a warmer feel to the photo. 


After changing the vibrancy and adding the soft focus, I thought that there was too much space around the edge of the photo and that it took away from the image of Karter, so to focus on him more I added an oval, vignette mask, that blanked out the edges and that faded around the image of Karter, adding to the warmth of the photo and linking to the sense of innocance on his face.


No comments:

Post a Comment